lundi 26 mars 2012

THe joys of sewing

One of my project here in Montreal is to learn how to sew. I have the chance to work with my grand-mother who has life experience in sewing. I want to start sewing because I got caught in the whole cosplay craze and I also love fashion, so making my own clothes and costumes would be awesome. I know from the start that sewing isn't easy. My first shoot at it was in 8th grade, I made bower shorts. I don't even remember cutting the fabric, jus seewing the fabric. So fast foward all those years and now I'm taking another try. First project was a skirt. Honestly, my grand-mother made the skirt, I tried to sew and screwed up, so all I did was sew a button. Yup thats it.

But, last weekend, I started a new project: a bow tie blouse in yellow fabric. Trendy and COLOR! This time, I was more involved. I sewed the cuffs and cut the frabic and other things. The blouse is not finish yet, but it is looking good :)

I will take courses this summer to perfet my skills, because for convention season, I need them

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire